(adapted from Martha Stewart)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 pound ground lamb
- 2/3 cup bulgur
- 3/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced plum tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) gigante or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 ounces baby spinach (about 5 cups)
- 3 1/2 ounces feta cheese (about 2/3 cup), plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves, plus more for garnish
1. Brown onions and sear lamb cubes then add in salt, pepper and spices. Cook for half a minute or so. Put all of it into slow cooker.
2. Add tomato, water, bulgur, spinach leaves, oregano and feta, etc. Set slow cooker on high. Cook 3.5 hours. Add the can of white beans (or add your pre-soaked and cooked beans) during the final 30 minutes.
3. Garnish with crumbled feta and fresh oregano leaves.